- Organize test and production parts as per test request. This includes making shop modifications as needed, and receiving prototype parts from Design Engineers and or Project managers
- Install test parts on test rig and perform bench measurements as dictating by test requirements. This requires working knowledge of basic measurement tools, garage and shop tools as well as mechanic ability.
- Build, troubleshoot, and repair hardware, software and development tools and equipment such as transducers, sensors, and internally designed measurement and software devices.
- Prepare, fabricate, and modify prototype brake samples using machining equipment or others.
- Perform general lab and garage maintenance. Build test machines and install Data Acquisition H/W.
- Other special projects, tasks or duties as assigned by supervisor and/or management.
- Most work is performed in test garage settings. The work is a mixture of medium to heavy industrial work.
- Ability to lift prototype or vehicle part and equipment up to a maximum of 50 lbs.
- This position requires extensive verbal and written communication with others internally to the company.
- Required to work additional hours to meet deadlines, as necessary.
- Occasional (up to 10%) travel required to other Litens sites.
- Minimum 3 year general technician experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic understanding of the automotive FEAD (Front End Accessory Drive) system.
- Experience with Rotec software is an asset.
- IMC and/or Lab View programing experience is an asset.
- Knowledge of how to use sensors, data acquisition software, vehicle test and data interpretation.
- Knowledge of electronics, instrumentation, vehicle dynamics and foundation brake systems.
- Ability to manage multiple competing deadlines effectively and professionally.
- Ability to use MS Office products, Email, Internet, Voicemail, and other miscellaneous electronic devices and software products.
- Ability in using various types of mechanical equipment and devices that is typical in part modification and/or fabrication.
- Ability to organize large amounts data, reports, presentations in an efficient and easily retrievable manner.
- Ability to communicate with others in different departments including others outside the organization verbally and through writing.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Litens Automotive Partnership is a dynamic world class manufacturer of engineered power transmission systems and components. An ISO/TS-16949 registered Tier I supplier in the automotive industry, Litens Automotive is committed to attaining excellence in every aspect of its operations.
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.