- Must have a tooling trade certificate. (Tool and die certificate)
- Must have 3 years set up experience or relevant hands-on experience;
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and be able to work independently;
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints;
- Must have a good understanding of tooling;
- Must be able to assess tooling/component related problems on the production floor;
- Electrical knowledge would be an asset;
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with setups
- Performs regular maintenance and cleaning of all tooling and components as required;
- Performs preventative maintenance on critical tooling components to prevent failures;
- Repairs or replaces tooling components as required or arranges for more extensive repairs;
- Prepares new tools for production trials; test tools at trial period; prepares detailed instructions for set-up installation by setup personnel;
- Troubleshoots and repairs tooling on production equipment as required;
- Creates and updates the tooling preventive maintenance system;
- Uses experience to modify preventative maintenance requirements or tool designs to minimize future failures;
- Maintains the tooling maintenance area in a safe, and organized manner and in accordance with health and safety policies and procedures.
• Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Litens Automotive Partnership is a dynamic world class manufacturer of engineered power transmission systems and components. An ISO/TS-16949 registered Tier I supplier in the automotive industry, Litens Automotive is committed to attaining excellence in every aspect of its operations.