Health, Safety and Environmental Policy
Litens is committed to work with our employees and business partners to create and maintain a safe and healthy working environment and to minimize the impact of its operations on the environment while meeting or exceeding the industry standards and regulations in all jurisdictions in which we perform business activities.
It is Litens goal to achieve health, safety and environmental (HSE) excellence, which will involve continually improving health, safety and environmental management systems and results that contribute to becoming an industry leader in health, safety and environmental practices.
To achieve this goal Litens will adhere to the following principles:
- Identification and evaluation of all health and safety hazards, and environmental aspects, and reducing the associated risks using the hierarchy of controls;
- Compliance with all applicable HSE legislation including applicable guidelines, standards and industry best practices;
- Promote a culture of behaviours and conditions that contribute to the prevention of incidents and injuries;
- Regular HSE communication and training, including however not limited to: safety talks, employee meetings, communication boards;
- Instruction and supervision to ensure that everyone is capable of safely carrying out their work;
- Avoidance of materials and methods posing HSE risk when alternatives are available;
- Consulting and collaborating with employees and other stakeholders on HSE matters;
- Tracking and communicating HSE performance throughout the organization, and benchmarking key HSE performance indicators against similar organizations;
- Set HSE performance objectives, measure results, assess and continually improve the HSE management system;
- Improve the efficient use of natural resources, including energy and water; minimize waste streams and emissions; and implement effective recycling programs in its manufacturing operations, through the use of locally set continuous improvement targets;
- Ensure all contractors and suppliers meet acceptable HSE performance standards;
- Integrate HSE into all organizational activities;
Management is accountable for the implementation of this policy and will hold all parties accountable for fulfillment of their responsibilities.
Employees shall be trained and held accountable for complying with the HSE policy and relevant procedures, practices, instructions and rules. Each employee has a duty to report workplace conditions or practices that pose any HSE hazard and take reasonable actions to eliminate such risks.
This policy will be communicated to all persons working for or on behalf of Litens, and will be made available to external interested parties. In addition, this policy will be reviewed by senior management, on a regular basis, to ensure it maintains its relevance to our organization, employees and stakeholders.