- Perform Complex CFD and Thermal analysis on automotive and other new technologies at the System and Detailed level using compressible and incompressible flow models
- Make recommendations on design improvements and modifications.
- Publish CAE reports and documentation for each analysis.
- Communicate with simulation leadership and application/technology stakeholders
- Verify and validate CAE models with physical experimental results and field data.
- Learn and utilize new CAE techniques to improve efficiency and proficiency.
- Learn new CAE techniques for new CAE applications
- Develop/maintain CAE project library.
- Maintain quality standards.
- Contribute to new technology designs
- Lead simulation driven design philosophy in cross functional teams
- Strong knowledge of Computational Fluid Dynamics techniques, Thermal modeling and numerical methods in general, Eulerian and Lagrangian multi-phase flows (minimum M.Sc. level or equivalent, Ph.D. preferred).
- Knowledge of fluid machinery (both compressible and incompressible flows)
- Ability to apply Multiphysics techniques to wide array of problems (multi-phase, fluid-structure interaction, conjugated HT thermal flows)
- Strong background in fluid dynamics, thermodynamics, and heat transfer process, and their application within the automotive thermal management system, with ability to apply engineering judgement to simulations and test data.
- Simulation Driven design understanding
- Practical knowledge of automotive related products
- Sc. (or Ph.D.) degree in Engineering or equivalent
Specific Knowledge and Experience in any of the following will be a plus
- Porous media, multi-species, magnetics, chemically reactive flows
- Parallel computing, Unix shell, Python
- 3D CAD solid modelling experience (SolidWorks)
- Altair Suite (HyperMesh, Hyperworks CFD X, Acusolve, SimLab, NanoFluidX, Hyperstudy), ANSYS Fluent, CFX, GT Suite
- DOE, Reduced Order Models, Machine Learning, IoT
- Engineering flow-bench testing