- Construction of finite element models (FEM) for solving different physics/engineering problems (Structural and thermofluidic, fluid-structure interaction, seal leakage and gear lubrication with heat transfer, phase-change materials, electromagnetic EMI, PCB signal integrity, EM emission and PCB thermal dissipation, thermoelectric conversion, surface chemical reactions (catalytic conversion and combustion), airborne and structure-borne radiated noise), on automotive engine and powertrain components and subassemblies.
- Implement and validate UDF and PDEs to resolve specific physical quantities or create new models
- Make recommendations on design improvements and modifications.
- Publish CAE reports and documentation for each analysis.
- Communicate with simulation leadership and application/technology stakeholders
- Verify and validate CAE models with physical experimental results and field data.
- Learn and utilize new CAE techniques to improve efficiency and proficiency.
- Learn new CAE techniques for new CAE applications
- Develop/maintain CAE project library.
- Maintain quality standards.
- Contribute to new technology designs.
- Knowledge of Finite Element methods (minimum M.Sc. level or equivalent)
- Ability to apply Multiphysics techniques to wide array of problems (FSI, EMI, electronics, conjugated heat transfer etc.)
- Strong background in engineering fundamentals, with ability to apply engineering judgement to simulations and test data
- Strong background in applied mathematics and numerical methods
- Simulation Driven design understanding
- Practical knowledge of automotive related products
- Sc. (or Ph.D.) degree in Engineering or equivalent
Specific Knowledge and Experience in any of the following will be a plus
- Porous media, multi-species, magnetics, chemically reactive flows
- Parallel computing, Unix shell, Python, C++.
- 3D CAD solid modelling experience (SolidWorks)
- Altair Hyperworks Suite (HyperMesh, Hyperworks CFD X, SimLab, NanoFluidX, Hyperstudy, Radioss, Optistruct), ANSYS Fluent, CFX, GT Suite, MSC Marc.
- DOE, Reduced Order Models, Machine Learning, IoT
- Engineering flow, material, or EMI testing