First Level support responsible for resolving end user issues and escalation to Subject Matter Experts. Responsible for resolving hardware, software and deployment/configuration/monitoring of assets.
- Responsible for the ongoing maintenance & future planning of the company’s desktop infrastructure
- Collaborate with existing vendors to evaluate new technology that is available and make recommendations to management on using that technology
- Monitor the performance of the company’s desktop infrastructure and make suggestions for improving efficiency
- Evaluate applications & software patches for desktop applications to ensure they solve desktop issues
- Manage and monitor IT Support Desk Ticket system and provide ongoing administrative support
- Resolve software, hardware & device issues reported by the end user & escalate accordingly.
- Provide on call after-hours support on alternating shifts.
- Support installation, configuration and ongoing usability of desktop hardware and software
- Offer systems support to IT personnel
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues in person, remotely and via phone
- Acquire hardware and software assets in a timely manner to ensure deployment timelines are met
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
The Successful Candidate will have:
- Education: Computer Science or related discipline (degree or diploma)
- A+ certification, or related certifications
- 2+ years Desktop Support experience (Level 1)
- Proven ability to offer high level desktop support; Demonstrated ability in desktop deployment
- Experience in using Helpdesk Ticketing Systems
- Knowledge using SCCM (Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager) an asset
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage stress efficiently in high-pressure situations
- Understanding of IT principles and ability to communicate technical concepts to a varied audience
- Strong sense of discretion and confidentiality required
- Vehicle and valid license in good standing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- ITIL Certification as asset
- Ability to provide after-hours support on a weekly rotation including holidays
- Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.