The role electronics play in EV’s cannot be overstated. We are growing our electronics and controls team rapidly. We need an innovative and driven team lead who wants to build not only products but a team that can deliver on big goals and in record time. We have advanced concepts in battery pack, BMS, energy recovery and fast charging that we need your help to deliver to the market with great speed and greater quality. We’re going to change the EV landscape and help environment while doing so, if this sounds like a movement you want to help lead, this is the role for you.
- Join a highly capable team to develop industry leading smart products for electric vehicles
- System level ownership of electronics, controls and software design
- Start to finish ownership of electronics/controls/software design from requirements to detail design, prototype, reliability validation and high-volume manufacturing.
- Collaboratively create and drive electronics roadmap
- Lead team in electrical design, simulation, prototyping, and validation of new products focused on improving EV range, performance and recyclability.
- Collaborate with mechanical engineering teams to successfully to design, validate and manufacture innovative and highly integrated new products.
- Architecture and modeling of new battery topologies to achieve better performance
- Support cross functional teams.
- Lead debugging of issues and solve problems when they arise
- Implement continuous improvement and best practices within team and larger organization
- Leading and participating in the design, analysis, and execution of all technical aspects of electronic products / projects which meet or exceed the hardware requirements.
- Developing and training internal team members to ensure consistent application of proper hardware engineering discipline throughout the product development cycle
- Leading design and development for manufacturability, understanding electronics manufacturing processes, and ensuring product testability.
- Implementing processes, tools, and KPI’s to continuously improve product quality governance.
- Directing technical teams to resolve technical issues and ensure changes implemented to avoid reoccurrence.
- Provide efficient, swift and effective path for escalation/resolution of hardware issues (as needed).
- Author hardware requirements for current and future product strategies and costs.
- Review and confirm the hardware analysis plan, approves test results, sponsors design justification and design reviews to support quality product development.
- Facilitating the development of DFMEAs and functional safety within the battery management system.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or Equivalent
- 8+ years industry experience
- 2+ years of engineering team leadership experience
- Strong communication skills
- Strong understanding of power electronics
- Proactive and fully engaged in root cause and issue resolution
- Performed key product development deliverables such as: DFMEA, design validation plans and reports (DVP&R), and problem solving techniques (ex. 8D)
- Experience launching electronic products through the complete design and development lifecycle
- Knowledge of UL, GB/T and FCC requirements
- Experience and knowledge in environmental, reliability, and safety requirements for Automotive, Industrial & Residential applications for battery systems (ASIL, ASPICE, ISO26262, etc)
- Comfortable working in lab with high power and high voltage circuitry
- Proficiency with basic EE tools (Oscilloscopes, Network analyzers, Signal Generators etc.)
- Knowledge of basic control theory and experience with embedded programming.
- Great team player and communicator
Add’l. Informaion: Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.