Qualifications & Experience:
The Successful Candidate will have:
- Must be a Certified Industrial Electrician (442A) in the Province of Ontario for at least two years and have three plus years electrical experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Must have experience working with high voltage (600v).
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of the Canadian Electrical Code.
- Must have a good understanding of hydraulics and pneumatics and the relationship to electrical control technology.
- Must have basic computer skills / PLC Knowledge, Allen Bradley / Siemens.
- Mitsubishi drives and PLC experience would be an asset.
- Must be able to plan, manage and lead a team assigned to large projects and tasks.
- Repair of equipment and machinery.
- Responds to production problems quickly.
- Possesses excellent trouble shooting skills to determine the cause of and solutions to problems.
- Uses a strong knowledge of PLC logic/programming to aid in troubleshooting and repair.
- Capable of managing the repair of any electrical equipment.
- Prepares plant wiring for addition of new equipment. Plans and manages tasks independently.
- Ensures the wiring layout is efficient, amperage loading is correct, and wiring meets the Electrical Code.
- Coordinates and/or completes office wiring changes.
- Runs computer cable and wiring as required or coordinates with external contractors on such projects.
- Works with Electrical Designers and facilities planners on the improvement of electrical designs and systems.
- Supports management in continuous improvement efforts and assists in evaluating advancements in electrical technology.
- Can lead a team of maintenance personnel in the completion of a large project.
- Documents any required changes properly on the diagrams.
- Completion of Electrical Preventive Maintenance requirements.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of Preventive Maintenance systems and utilizes this knowledge to make improvements.
- Completes P.M. checklists properly and returns them to the appropriate person on time.
- Documents any problems or additional observations appropriately and corrects whatever is possible.
- Follows the Preventive Maintenance Instruction properly.
- Rotating shifts required.
- Occasional heavy lifting and overtime hours may be required.
- Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.