- Utilize the Helpdesk system and work with end users to identify and deliver required PC service levels.
- Manage the help desk system and ensure SLA targets are being met.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails regarding PC and/or hardware problems.
- Liaise with and provide training and support to end users and staff on computer operation and other issues.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end user workstation hardware and networked peripheral devices.
- Assist with installation, management and maintenance efforts to ensure the operational reliability of local area networks, wide area networks, wireless infrastructures, servers, user accounts and voice over IP.
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex PC problems for a variety of end users, and recommend and implement corrective hardware solutions, including off-site repair as needed.
- Maintain and update inventory of all PC Systems and their allocation.
- Construct, install, and test customized configurations based on various platforms and operating systems.
- Conduct installation, and operation of computer and telecommunications hardware and software.
- Installation of new computers, peripheral equipment, and software as required.
- Perform computer network administrative / security tasks.
- Implement computer security restrictions by issuing user identification codes and passwords and setting out and administering rules for access.
- Manage and monitor network backup systems and procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Have a computer science or engineering technology degree/diploma or equivalent.
- Have at least one year’s experience with work station / desktop installation, configuration and user account management.
- Have experience supporting and troubleshooting computer systems, desktops and peripherals.
- Have equipment support experience with PC’s, printers and other related peripherals.
- Have computer and basic network troubleshooting knowledge.
- Have basic knowledge of Wi-Fi protocols.
- Have basic technical knowledge of network and PC hardware and operating systems, including MS Windows.
- Have working technical knowledge of current network protocols, operating systems, and standards.
- Able to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
- Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.