Provides overall leadership in ensuring all supply chain logistics operations are working effectively. Outlines and develops business plans to improve and or enhance those operations.
- Establishes, implements, monitors, measures and reports Logistics performance metrics and establishes initiatives for continuous improvement;
- Lead Logistics team to achieve departmental goals;
- Monitor and optimize the performance of logistics team including external contracted carriers;
- Manages, plans and identifies for Logistics the necessary budget requirements, including the benchmarking of external carrier rates, service and quality to ensure competitiveness, in addition to the approval of supply chain logistics contracts / invoices;
- Manage truck fleet, maintenance and associated contracts;
- Manage the dispatch operations to ensure window time schedules are met;
- Manage and optimize daily freight forwarders as it relates to regional / local issues;
- Strategically assist Global Director, Supply Chain Management with the planning and managing of regional supply chain logistics operations;
- Business Degree, Supply Chain Logistics Management and/or equivalent work experience;
- Professional Logistics Designate preferred (P. Log, CITT, SCL Diploma);
- Minimum of three years logistics management experience;
- Project management experience;
- Proven leadership and team building capabilities;
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills;
- Strong computer skills including Mircosoft Office and ERP.