The Material Control Manager is responsible for inventory investment, control and disposition, customer delivery objectives and engineering change management for the production side of Product Life Management workflow.
- Manage inventory investment to balance customer service levels with company inventory turns objectives
- Establish inventory policies for product categories and ensure appropriate performance indicators are in place
- Maintain an inventory cycle counting program that meets or exceeds financial reporting needs and ensures inventory inaccuracies are resolved with appropriate corrective actions
- Partner with Sales department to review customer forecast against sales to date
- Combine resources with Packaging group to maintain accurate BOM’s throughout the Agile change process
- Establish customer delivery and outbound premium freight objectives and authorize premium freight requests as required
- Assign responsibility for workflow approval of changes within Agile and monitor monthly performance data
- Review runout change plans regularly against timing plan and adjust as necessary to maintain timing milestones
- Collaborate with Sales and Purchasing to;
- Review the status of customer contracts
- Establish release authorization agreements for new program launches
Education & Experience:
- University degree in Business Administration or Operations related studies
- Several years of progressively responsible experience in supply chain related occupations combined with extensive experience in a repetitive automotive manufacturing environment
- APICS or CPIM certification or equivalent
- Computer savvy with experience in Microsoft Office suite, AS400, EDI, ERP and Oracle applications. Experience working with Agile an asset.
- Familiar with P&L concepts and statement analysis
- Functional knowledge of product Value Streams and Lean Principles and Concepts
- Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.