Assists in the design of mechanical or electromechanical products to meet internal project objectives. Applies sound engineering skills to develop solutions using established methods or to develop new techniques as required.
- Assists in the design or modification of mechanical or electromechanical products to meet functional requirements or performance specifications.
- Handles assignments of limited or defined scope and complexity designing components of a larger project. Tasks and duties are assigned in detail and work is reviewed by more senior team members
- Using engineering skills and established methods, investigates solutions to design requirements, plans activities or evaluations, generates design decisions and presents results for approval
- Participate in team to solve complex problems
- May check the work of more junior product designers, technicians or CAD designers
- Apply Design and Development Procedure to manage risk and compliance requirements
- Engineering Technology Diploma – Mechanical, Mechatronics or Electronics as required
- Experience after graduation in the automotive industry or similar
- Must be able to work independently during execution of tasks
- Must be able to read, write and communicate clearly with others in English