Primary support for Production Assemblers. Routine daily checks of error proofing devices for proper functionality; communicates production rate targets and monitors work centre performance. Manages job changes at work centre and directs production assemblers on which production equipment to run.
- Resolve health and safety hazards or escalate where required
- Follow all TS-16949 Quality Systems policies and procedures that apply to Production.
- Complete daily Leader Standard Work sheet for responsible tasks
- Ensure 5S workplace organization standards are achieved, with high focus on the reduction of 8 deadly wastes
- Engage / encourage employees to participate in the employee suggestion program
- Work daily with appropriate team members to effectively place operators to meet production demands
- Lead daily communication meetings with production teams and document concerns
- Work with Maintenance and Setup personnel to help understand / troubleshoot and track machine issues and repairs
- Train production employees in all areas of work to the qualification requirements of the Production Operator Assessment
- Ensure Production Operators produce quality parts whilst meeting standard rate by touching base with employees at each work center hourly and reviewing status in the tracking system
- Monitor work center rejects and escalate where required
- Respond to Work Centre alert lights and alarms promptly and determine appropriate action required to resolve the condition
- Observe operators performing tasks, using process standards / work instructions and engage in conversation to validate understanding
- Verify work center documentation is completed accurately and on time
- Perform sensor verification tests
- Manage Work Centre changeover process
- Must be able to read and write in English and communicate clearly with others
- Minimum 3 years experience in a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Minimum 1 year leadership experience.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Principles and 8 deadly wastes
- Must be able to pass basic computer skills test including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Repetitive lifting of components between one to five pounds and boxes up to 30 pounds
- Walking or standing up to 8 hours
- Be willing to work overtime; may be required to work different shifts and or flexible hours as required
To apply, please send your resume to: email@example.com
We thank everyone for their applications; however, only qualified applicants meeting all of the above stated application criteria will be contacted.
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.