The role electronics play in EV’s cannot be overstated. We are growing our electronics and controls team rapidly. We need an innovative and driven team lead who wants to build not only products but a team that can deliver on big goals and in record time. We have advanced concepts in coolant pumps that support energy recovery and fast charging that we need your help to deliver to the market with great speed and greater quality. We’re going to change the EV landscape and help the environment while doing so, if this sounds like a movement you want to help lead, this is the role for you.
- Join a highly capable team to develop industry leading smart products for electric vehicles
- Development of new axial flux motor products for applications such as electric water pumps
- Cascade of specifications from system to components. Derive product requirements and designs from specifications
- Use of advanced simulation software to drive product specification creation and design loops
- Definition, execution and documentation of detail design, analysis, computer modeling, specification releases, test planning/ reporting, and failure analysis
- Conduct and apply automotive processes, best practices and alternative approaches to optimal electrical drives, hardware, and software.
- Supports and adheres to policies, procedures, and operational guidelines related to established quality management systems.
- Maintains working knowledge of safety policies and regulations to ensure duties of self and others are performed in a safe manner
- Collaborate with mechanical, hardware, and controls engineering teams to successfully design, validate and manufacture innovative new products.
- Support cross functional teams.
- Implement continuous improvement and best practices within team and larger organization
- Leading and participating in the design, analysis, and execution of all technical aspects of mechatronic products / projects which meet or exceed the hardware requirements.
- Developing and training internal team members to ensure consistent application of proper software engineering discipline throughout the product development cycle
- Leading design and development for manufacturability, understanding electronics manufacturing processes, and ensuring product testability.
- Directing technical teams to resolve technical issues and ensure changes implemented to avoid reoccurrence.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Mechatronics or Mechanical Engineering with specialty in Mechatronics. Higher education is preferred.
- Minimum four years of work experience in a product design/development capacity
- Strong knowledge of electromagnetic analysis and thermal analysis of electric motors using simulation tools.
- Experience with Altair simulation tools such as FLUX & HyperStudy is an asset
- Experience with axial flux motors is an asset
- Experience with PCB design is an asset
- Strong organizational and communication skills required to work in a team environment
- High level of analytical ability, understanding engineering theory and principles of design
- System function testing of mechatronic products is an asset
- Great team player and communicator