- Perform long and short haul runs
- Load and unload goods from container / truck
- Perform pick-ups and deliveries as specified on daily schedule and ensures that all window times are met
- Verify the integrity of all loads before sealing
- Confirms by signature all parts loaded and unloaded and ensures correct paperwork is provided
- Rotate through various areas of pickup and delivery to enhance cross functional capability
- Take responsibility for all accidents, bodily injury and any damage applicable to any vehicle, regardless of cause or fault
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Minimum of a class ‘A/Z’ License.
- Minimum of five years carrier driving experience with class ‘A/Z’ license.
- No major accidents in the last three years (as per driver’s abstract)
- Able to use email, fax and smart phone
- Physically capable to manually wind up or down Landing gears on trailer, chassis B-train, use heavy duty bolt cutter for removing seals and opening and closing container doors safely and securely
- Be willing to work overtime.
- Be willing to work different shifts
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.