- Aggressively seeks and pursues cost savings opportunities at the supply base.
- Leads Continuous Improvement activities/workshops at suppliers – utilizing Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma fundamentals on projects yielding cost savings, improved process efficiency and reduced waste while ensuring quality.
- Acts as the company’s expert user of our cost estimating software and completes component/assembly cost estimates as required.
- Analyze supplier quotes and provide information which aids Purchasing’s negotiations with the suppliers.
- Develops ‘should be’ cost models for targeted parts and commodity groups and work with suppliers to reach those costs.
- Support supplier meetings and negotiations as required by Purchasing.
- Estimates impact to costs resulting from changes in design, tooling or supplier manufacturing processes.
- Procure Force Administrator. This role includes contact with both Litens buyers and our vendors to resolve Procure Force related queries, setup and software concerns. Complete knowledge of the Procure Force software is required to function in this role.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering
- Proficiency in financial modeling with experience in Cost Estimation or Manufacturing Operations
- Min. 5 years of experience in mfg. environment, ideally cost estimation with a Tier 1 or Tier 2
- Possesses a deep understanding of supplier manufacturing processes common to the automotive industry with the ability to identify cost savings potentials
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills at all levels (verbal and written)
- Proficient using MS Office, including web-based applications
- Experience working with cross functional teams that include Engineering, Sales, QA and Purchasing
- Ability to travel internationally; must maintain a valid Passport with no Visa restrictions
- Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.