Adherence to the philosophy of Early Detection, Early Resolution, and Recurrence Prevention.
- Conducts data analysis to identify and track potential emerging field quality issues.
- Collect and analyse structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data from returned parts and OEM supplied data.
- Reports warranty data, transparent analytics and assists in establishing KPIs and predictive trends (early warning/detection) of reliability risks.
- Supports continuous improvement of quality tracking and reporting methods to reduce data analysis time and improve communication effectiveness.
- Participate in root cause activities of returned parts, and track through reporting out to customers.
- Escalate identified potential field quality issues for investigation.
- Support problem resolution teams to achieve fundamental resolution of identified issues through knowledge of field quality and data analytics to provide insights to investigations.
- Challenge problem resolution teams by asking appropriate questions to ensure appropriate permanent countermeasure is identified and executed.
- Monitor specific issues for field recurrence for an appropriate amount of time, which is dependent on the nature of the issue (i.e. statistical distribution of months-in-service, kilometers in service, or other appropriate metrics).
- Escalate potential recurrence at the earliest opportunity, and assist in resolution.
Other duties include:
- Ensures alignment with Litens goals and objectives along with OEM customer and other requirements including ISO/TS/IATF 16949 and CQI-14 Warranty Management Guidelines.
- Help evaluate warranty contracts with customers and suppliers.
- Work with liaisons globally to administer warranty as per Warranty Management process. Communicate with customers in a timely manner and keep maintain control of open warranty claims.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Applied Science and experience in the automotive industry. Proven high level analytical and creative thinking skills.
- Able to compile data into usable forms, recognize patterns in data, information or events and draw logical conclusions.
- Experienced with 8D Problem Solving or other structured problem-solving method and tools, like 5-why, fault tree analysis, fishbone diagram, is/is-not diagram, etc.
- DFMEA / Failure Mode Analysis experience an asset.
- Strong collaboration, negotiation and conflict resolution skills. Able to influence cross-functional team members without formal authority.
- Knowledge of OEM customers, ISO/TS/IATF 16949 and CQI-14 Warranty Management Guideline.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, particularly data analysis and reporting using Excel dashboard, pivot tables, slicers, and macros would be an asset.
- Comfortable communicating with multi-functional global teams across engineering, finance, and sales.
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.